April 23, 2015
Cabela's lists grand opening plans for new Sun Prairie store
Cabela’s will celebrate the grand opening of its new Sun Prairie store Thursday, April 30, with a unique ribbon-cutting ceremony followed by a weekend-long celebration.
Opening day will kick off with crowd entertainment at 8 a.m. and include giveaways, trivia games, a live performance by country-music artist Tom Jackson and more. An opening ceremony hosted by Cabela’s executives will begin at 9:45 a.m. and conclude with the grand-opening ribbon being cut by an arrow shot from a bow by a local Cabela’s employee.
“Outdoor enthusiasts in and around the greater Madison area have expressed a great deal of excitement about Cabela’s opening this store. Our staff has been working and training hard to ensure every outdoorsmen and women who enters our doors has a great experience,” said Randy Breslow, the store’s general manager. “Cabela’s has a loyal customer base in Wisconsin and we can’t wait for the opportunity to serve those customers and introduce others to the unique Cabela’s experience.”
Cabela’s grand-opening festivities will continue throughout the weekend with giveaways, special guests, family activities and more. On Thursday, the first 500 customers in line, 18 years or older, will a receive gift card valued up to $500. The first 50 customers through the door Friday will receive a Cabela’s utility bag. On Saturday, the first 50 customers will receive a Cabela’s commemorative grand opening cap. And on Sunday, the first 50 customers will receive a Cabela’s tripod stool.
Customers 18 years and older can also enter to win a $1,000 Cabela’s shopping spree sponsored by Pepsi or a new GoPro HERO4 Silver action camera. Special appearances between 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, May 2 and Sunday, May 3 will include:
• Benny Spies, Cabela’s Ambassador and Host of “Gun It” television series;
• Jeff Fuller, Cabela’s Pro Staff and Host of “SportingDog Adventures” television series;
• Tom Nelson, Cabela’s Ambassador and Outdoor Channel television host;
• Mark Millis, Cabela’s Ambassador and Outdoor Channel television host;
• Jim and Donna Teeny, Cabela’s Pro Staff and owners of Jim Teeny Inc.;
• Tim Andrus, Realtree Pro Staff and Host of “Rush Outdoors” television series;
• Babe Winkelman, Host of “Good Fishing” television series (Saturday only).
Additionally, Cabela’s will host a variety of activities for the entire family from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, weather permitting. Activities include:
• Shoot Like A Girl – Shooting Sports for Women Interactive Trailer;
• Cabela’s – Youth BB-Gun Range;
• Parker Bows – Archery Challenge;
• Do-All Outdoors – Pro Boat and Product Demos;
• UW-Madison Fishing Team – Casting Workshop;
• Beretta – Show Truck; and more.
The 90,000-square-foot store is located at 1350 Cabela Drive in the Prairie Lakes Shopping Center off of Highway 151, Exit 100. It is designed to surround customers in a fun, outdoor-like experience with log construction, stonework, a large mountain replica, aquarium, indoor archery range and dozens of museum-quality wildlife displays.
Additionally, the new store includes a deli, fudge shop, Gun Library and Bargain Cave.
To staff the new store, Cabela’s has employed more than 225 full-time, part-time and seasonal employees, most coming from Sun Prairie and the surrounding area.
Store hours for opening day are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday, April 30. Regular store hours are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. For additional information, call 608-478-4100 or visit www.cabelas.com/sunprairie.
Prairie Development, LTD
© Copyright 2014